Eligibility & Enrollment

Plan B Eligibility

If you live in Genesee County, are at least 19 years of age or older, have no  health insurance, and meet the income requirements, you may qualify for Plan B. You may have a Medicaid spend down and  still be eligible to enroll.  You must come into the office and complete an  application. Please call (810) 232-7740 if you have additional questions.

What Does GHP cover?

  • Doctor Visits
  • Outpatient Diagnostic & Surgical
  • Lab Tests & X-rays
  • Prescriptions
  • Medical Supplies
  • Outpatient Mental Health
  • Dental

Where To Enroll

To enroll in Genesee Health Plan, Plan B you must come into one of our enrollment locations.   You may walk into any location.  See our Event Calendar for days when GHP is closed due to holidays.

Genesee Health Plan
2171 S. Linden Road
Flint, MI 48532

Monday – Friday: 9 am – 5 pm, walk-ins from 9 am – 4pm

Genesee County Health Department- Burton Branch
G-3373 S. Saginaw Street
Burton, Michigan 48529

Wednesday 8 am – 11:00 am
Thursday & Friday: 8 am – 11:30 am & 1 pm – 4:30 pm

What To Bring With You

To enroll in Genesee Health Plan B, you must provide proof of eligibility.  To do this you should bring the following:

Driver’s License or State ID – It must be valid and have your current and correct address.  This must be the address where you are living.

Social Security Card – The name on your Social Security Card must match the name on your ID.

Proof of Income* – All of the following that apply:

  • 30 days worth of paystub for all current jobs for yourself (and spouse, if married)
  • Proof of Unemployment – Monetary determination letter and/or printout from MARVIN Online
  • Current year Federal Tax Form 1040 with Schedule C, E, F for any type of self-employment income or 1099-MISC
  • Current Statement from Social Security proving SSI, disability and/or all forms of Social Security income (self, spouse, and dependent children)
  • Proof of all retirement plans and pension income
  • Proof of Child Support and Spousal Support from Friend of the Court

If you are not receiving any type of income, please bring the Name, Address and Phone number of anyone providing any type of help or support (including providing you a place to live).  If you are homeless, you should visit OneStop Housing Resource Center prior to coming to a GHP office.

*Bank statements CANNOT be used for proof on any income other than Child Support and the bank statement must state the income is coming from FOC or OCS.

If you have any questions about what you should bring, please do not assume.  Call Genesee Health Plan at (810) 232-7740 for more information.

How Do You Qualify

  • You must live in Genesee County
  • Over the age of 19 (including people over 65 who do not qualify for Medicare)
  • You cannot have any other health insurance
  • Meet the income requirements below:
2018 Income Eligibility Based on 2018 Poverty Levels
Size of Family225% FPL Yearly225% FPL Monthly



You may qualify for other coverage that offers more services and lower co-pays.  The staff at Genesee Health Plan can help you find health coverage that best fits your needs and help you enroll in that coverage.

If you would like to see what other programs you may qualify for, please click here.


Healthcare NEWS